Rotary Specific Features
he GPR Rotary Package is based on MoTeC’s GPR Package with the addition of the following rotary engine-specific features:
• Operates port injected rotary engines from 1 to 4 rotors.
• Configurable engine synchronisation modes for common rotary engines. Refer to the Engine Speed Modes section for details.
• Configurable leading and trailing ignition outputs for each rotor. The trailing ignition timing can be defined as either an angle relative to the leading ignition (i.e. split angle) or TDC.
• Configurable on-board knock detection for each rotor with up to two assignable knock sensors and 4 selectable centre frequencies.
• Control of up to three injectors per rotor with user definable tables to control the fuel contribution of each injector.
• Coolant and engine oil temperature compensations for engine speed limiting, ignition timing, fuel volume and boost limiting.
• Supports control of a Sequential Shutter Valve with fuel injector integration as found on the Mazda RX8.
• Supports control of VFAD, VDI and APV inlet manifold valves found on Mazda rotaries.
• Diagnostic checking of SSV, VFAD, VDI and APV valves via feedback position sensors.
• User configurable engine efficiency table with adjustments based on the state of the SSV, VFAD, VDI and APV valves.
• Supports control of a stepper motor-based Metering Oil Pump. This includes diagnostics and a warning system to detect if there is a failure of the components.
• Supports dual speed cooling fans via three relay outputs, as found on Mazda rotaries.
• Cruise Control for DBW equipped vehicles.
• CAN Integration, for the Mazda RX8, to enable the operation of the power steering, transmission and ABS. Wheel speeds, steering angle, fuel tank level, tyre pressure monitoring and park brake data are also received from the CAN bus for use in the ECU.
The following features from MoTeC’s GPR Package are maintained in the GPR Rotary Package:
• Closed loop lambda control support; requires optional LTC with Bosch LSU4.9 sensor or LTCN with NTK sensor.
• Physical settings for engine displacement, fuel properties, and injector characteristics allow for simplified engine start-up prior to tuning.
• Fast and easy engine tuning using engine efficiency map.
• Engine load modelling based on inlet manifold pressure and inlet manifold temperature. Alternatively, for example, when using individual throttle bodies, throttle position can be used.
• Fuel volume calculation considers delay effects resulting from the secondary (high) injector installation position.
• Sensor calibrations available for many common automotive sensors. Sensors calibrations can also be manually defined.
• Support for analogue and digital (frequency or duty cycle) sensors.
• Transient fuelling compensation using physical modelling of fuel film.
• Nitrous system with two activation stages and additional fuel pumps, bottle heater control and pressure sensor.
• Transmission brake control (‘bump’) functionality for perfect positioning of cars.
• Support of MoTeC devices: ADR, E8XX, PDM, SLM, VCS.
• Test settings for most outputs, including injection and ignition outputs, to allow for easier setup.
• Turbocharger wastegate pressure control with pressure sensor and two PWM outputs.
• Configurable boost control with a single wastegate actuator. Single and dual solenoids supported.
• Configurable turbocharger bypass (blow off) control.
- Configurable anti-lag for single turbo with ignition timing limit, fuel volume trim, ignition cut, engine speed limit, boost aim and throttle aim tables.• Supports two coolant fan outputs (PWM controlled).
• Configurable closed loop alternator control system for PWM field winding control.
• Air conditioner support with switched output control.
• Coolant temperature compensations for engine speed limit, ignition timing, fuel volume, fuel mixture, boost limit.
• Coolant pump output with PWM control.
• Coolant pump after-run functionality, optionally with additional pump output.
• Engine speed limiting with ignition cut and/or fuel cut.
• Fuel pump switched output.
• Fuel Flow Supply Sensor and Fuel Flow Return Sensor.
• Gearbox position detection via optional dual sensor or engine speed/wheel speed estimate.
• GPS acquisition and logging via CAN or RS232.
• Intercooler temperature and spray control.
• Differential temperature control with dedicated temperature sensor and switched pump output.
• Engine Charge Temperature calculation, allows for correction of Inlet Air Temperature (compensation of heat soak effect etc.).
• Lap distance, time and number via BR2, GPS or switched input, with split and sector options.
• Configurable launch control with tables for engine speed, throttle limit, boost aim and fuel volume trim.
• Race time system with tables for ignition timing trim, fuel mixture aim, boost limit and throttle limit.• Engine idle closed loop control system using ignition, drive by wire actuation or idle solenoid.
• Idle bypass control with stepper motor supported.
• Engine Load Average channel with tables for engine speed limit, ignition timing trim, fuel mixture aim, boost limit and throttle limit.
• Inlet Manifold Flap support (actuator with position).
• Inlet Manifold Runner support (actuator with position feedback).
• Assisted engine start control with dedicated fuel volume and idle compensations during crank and post start.
• Engine run time total for engine hour logging.
• Configurable security for multiple users with differing access options.
• Configuration of brake state using a switch or pressure sensor.
• Configuration of clutch state using a switch, a position sensor or a pressure sensor.
• Calculation of clutch slip.
• ECU-internal G-force (acceleration) – longitudinal, lateral, vertical.• ECU CAN receive from a defined CAN ID for data reception from MoTeC devices.
• Support of up to three separate CAN buses.
• Most common ECU channels transmitted on CAN using standard MoTeC CAN templates.
• 8 configurable switches and 8 rotary switches (wired or CAN input) with each of 10 positions simultaneously mappable to Launch Control, Pit Switch, Anti-Lag, Traction, Race Time Reset, Engine Speed Limit Maximum, Throttle Pedal Translation, Ignition Timing, Fuel Mixture Aim, Boost Limit, Traction Aim and Traction Control Range.
• Pulsed tachometer output with configurable output pin and scaling.
• Dual bank Drive by Wire throttle servo control.
• Configurable throttle sensor input, with 2 channel analogue or single wire digital (SENT) protocol.
• Throttle Pedal sensor with translation table. Hybrid OE pedals (for example Ford) are supported – one analogue and one digital channel.
• Use of a Throttle Pedal sensor or a Throttle Position sensor in case of a cable throttle.
• Differential pump output with user definable differential temperature control.
• Transmission pump output with user definable transmission temperature control.
• Traction control with tables for Aim Main, Aim Compensation and Control Range.
• Vehicle speed measurement using wheel speed sensors, estimation or GPS.• Vehicle Speed Limit Control system (DBW throttle-based), which can also be used for pit speed limiting.
• Configurable warning system with light and CAN output.
• Auxiliary time system with tables for ignition timing compensation, fuel volume trim and fuel mixture aim.
• 4 auxiliary outputs for PWM control of added actuators:
? Duty cycle tables using Engine Speed and Throttle or Manifold Pressure Axes.
? Activation based on Inlet Manifold Pressure or Throttle Position.
- Auxiliary Output 1 includes tables for Ignition Timing Compensation, Fuel Volume Trim and Mixture Aim.
• Optional channels for additional sensors via input pin and/or CAN message, including:
? Airbox Mass Flow, Pressure and Temperature
? Ambient Pressure and Temperature
? Boost Pressure
? Brake Pressure Front and Rear
? Brake Switch
? Clutch Pressure and Position
? Clutch Switch
? Coolant Pressure and Temperature
? Differential Temperature
? Engine Oil Pressure and Temperature
? Engine Crankcase Pressure
? Exhaust Pressure Bank 1 and Bank 2
? Exhaust Temperature (EGT) via TCA Thermocouple Amplifier, Generic CAN, or E888 for a single Collector, Bank 1 and 2 Collectors, and Rotors 1 to 4.
? Exhaust Lambda via LTC, LTCN, or PLM for a single Collector, Bank 1 and 2 Collectors, and Rotors 1 to 4.
? Fuel Pressure and Temperature
? Fuel Tank Level
? Gear Position
? Gear Lever Force
? Gear Neutral Switch
? Gear Shift Request
? Inlet Manifold Flap Position x 2, Inlet Manifold Runner Position
? Intercooler Temperature
? Steering Angle and Pressure
? Transmission Pressure and Temperature
? Turbocharger Speed
? Turbocharger Inlet/Outlet Temperature
? Turbocharger Wastegate Position
? G-Force (acceleration) – Longitudinal, Lateral, Vertical
? Wheel Speed sensors front/rear left/right, wired or CAN input