Key advantages of M1 systems:
- Latest generation high performance processor
- Large logging memory, fast Ethernet downloads
- Compact and lightweight in robust magnesium enclosures
- Supports direct injection and port injection applications
- Supports advanced logging features including Pro Analysis (i2 Pro)
- Advanced security system, incorporating an anti-tampering microprocessor
- Access log-in levels for multiple users
- Suitable for modern engines with DBW, Cam Control and multiple CAN buses
- Advanced logging features, high speed, multiple logs (with access logins)
- I/O expansion using E816, E888 expanders
- Flexible tuning software
- Programmable digital input system for Ref/Sync, wheel speeds etc.
- Programmable trigger levels, diagnostics
- All Low Side and Half Bridge outputs have PWM capability
MOTEC’S DISTINCTIVE RANGE OF M1 ECU SOLUTIONS
- Targeted Solutions – We’ve done the configuration work for you, tailoring the ECU firmware to a specific vehicle or engine. In some cases this includes integration with vehicle control systems beyond the engine, for example, stability control, cruise control. Complete Plug-In kits are available for some applications, including any additional hardware and wiring looms as required. See targeted solutions for Vehicle, Bike, PWC or Snowmobiles
- GP (General Purpose) Solutions – MoTeC’s GP Solutions offer the flexibility to suit numerous port and direct injected gasoline engines. Comprising of:
– GPA (Advanced)
– GPR (Race)
– GPRP (Race with Paddle shift)
– GPRDI (Race with Direct Injection)
– GPRPDI (Race with Paddle Shift and Direct Injection)
These variants that can be configured to suit a wide range of applications.
- Development Solutions – Those who are skilled at coding can now develop fully customised control strategies at the firmware level, creating unique ECU functionality for themselves or other customers. Developers can build custom controls into an existing package, or create a new project from scratch. In either instance, the resulting firmware can be loaded into a single Development ECU or rolled out for customers around the world to purchase.
- Ruggedised – Sometimes an extra level of protection for electronic components is required, such as marine applications or environments subject to dirt or dust. Our Ruggedised M1 hardware ensures maximum longevity under these extreme conditions.
MoTeC’s M1 ECU range begins a new era in engine control. The M1’s unique technology redefines the meaning of customisation, delivering total control without compromise. Highly advanced security strategies make these ECUs ideal for both category managed and unrestricted applications.
? Small and light in robust magnesium enclosure
? Port injection injector type
? Large logging memory
? Latest generation high performance processor
? Suitable for modern engines with DBW, Cam Control and multiple CAN buses
? Advanced logging features, high speed, multiple logs (with access logins)
? I/O expansion using E816, E888 expanders
? Flexible tuning software
? Robust and comprehensive security features
? Programmable injector drive characteristics
? Programmable digital input system for Ref/Sync, wheel speeds etc.
? Programmable trigger levels, diagnostics
? All Low Side and Half Bridge outputs have PWM capability
The M1 series ECUs come with three configuration options.
A locked configuration is appropriate when an ECU contains specific firmware to suit the application. The user can tune the engine in the normal way but the ECU cannot be re-configured for another application.
The standard configuration allows the user to load a selection of firmware packages available from MoTeC. They incorporate different levels of functionality and the user can choose one to suit their requirements. Additional packages can be loaded into the ECU as and when requirements change.
The open configuration provides a fully flexible ECU solution that can be precisely tailored to individual requirements. Third party developers can be trained to use MoTeC M1 Build software to develop their own control strategies.
Intellectual property is protected by the M1 ECU’s security system and remains with the ECU owner.
The M1’s advanced security system is based on public-key cryptography, the cornerstone of secure internet transactions, so it is virtually impossible to change the ECU function without authorised permission.
Security is enforced by the ECU and protected by a microprocessor with integrated measures to prevent tampering.
A password feature grants different levels of access for different users e.g. an engine tuner, a drive train tuner, and a data analysis engineer.
This is also suitable for Control ECUs. Scrutineering teams can have access to extra information and are able to lock down selected parts of the ECU, while other team members can access selected tuning parameters.
The combination of an advanced security strategy, configurable firmware and a high performance processor make the M1 ECU an ideal choice for categories with restrictions in place for either performance parity or cost containment. Firmware can be written specifically for the category, limiting the functionality to the class requirements.
Multiple data logging sets are available, which can be partitioned with restricted access to allow generation of both judicial (scrutineering) and team data from the same device. The M1 ECU’s security system prevents unauthorised access to data and implementation of unspecified functionality.
? Various Logging Options are available.
The logging licence determines the number of channels and the sample rates available, there are 3 levels available:
? Logging Level 1 Licence
Comes standard with the product. This diagnostic logging includes a fixed log set and rate.
? Logging Level 2 Licence
Is an optional upgrade which includes one fixed log set, 200 channels (including diagnostics) and a maximum 200 Hz sample rate.
? Logging Level 3 Licence
Is an optional upgrade which includes eight fixed log sets, 2000 channels and a maximum 1000 Hz sample rate.
? Locked Configuration
? Standard Configuration
? Open Configuration
Microsoft Windows™ based software
? PC Tuning software ‘Tune’ – Used to tune fuel and ignition, set up sensors, outputs and available functions
? PC Software ‘Build’- Used to create a custom software package with user specific functions
? Peak and Hold Injector Outputs: 8
? Low Side Injector Outputs: 2
? Outputs: 8
? Half Bridge: 6
? Universal Digital: 8
? Analogue Voltage: 8
? Analogue Temperature: 4
? Knock: 2
? CAN bus: 1
? Logging Memory: 250 Mb
? Dimensions: 107.5 x 127.5 x 38.7 mm
? Weight: 315 g
? 1 x 66 pin Autosport connector
DIMENSIONS AND MOUNTING
M170 Connector A — 66 way
Mating Connector: Autosport 66 way Red – (Deutsch) AS6-18-35SN – MoTeC #65035
Pin Number Designation Full Name OE Pin Function Description
A01 IGN_LS1 Low Side Ignition 1
A02 IGN_LS8 Low Side Ignition 8
A03 IGN_LS7 Low Side Ignition 7
A04 IGN_LS3 Low Side Ignition 3
A05 IGN_LS2 Low Side Ignition 2
A06 AV3 Analogue Voltage Input 3
A07 AV4 Analogue Voltage Input 4
A08 OUT_HB2 Half Bridge Output 2
A09 OUT_HB1 Half Bridge Output 1
A10 IGN_LS4 Low Side Ignition 4
A11 SEN_0V_A Sensor 0V A
A12 AV5 Analogue Voltage Input 5
A13 UDIG7 Universal Digital Input 7
A14 BAT_NEG1 Battery Negative
A15 BAT_NEG2 Battery Negative
A16 SEN_5V0_A Sensor 5.0V A
A17 IGN_LS5 Low Side Ignition 5
A18 AV2 Analogue Voltage Input 2
A19 BAT_NEG3 Battery Negative
A20 BAT_NEG4 Battery Negative
A21 BAT_NEG5 Battery Negative
A22 UDIG8 Universal Digital Input 8
A23 BAT_POS Battery Positive
A24 INJ_PH5 Peak Hold Injector 5
A25 IGN_LS6 Low Side Ignition 6
A26 AV1 Analogue Voltage Input 1
A27 SEN_0V_B Sensor 0V B
A28 AT1 Analogue Temperature Input 1 1k Pull up to SEN_5V_B
A29 KNOCK1 Knock Input 1
A30 AT3 Analogue Temperature Input 3 1k Pull up to SEN_5V_A
A31 CAN_LO CAN Bus 1 Low
A32 BAT_POS Battery Positive
A33 INJ_PH1 Peak Hold Injector 1
A34 SEN_5V0_B Sensor 5.0V B
Pin Number Designation Full Name OE Pin Function Description
A35 AV7 Analogue Voltage Input 7
A36 AV6 Analogue Voltage Input 6
A37 SEN_6V3 Sensor 6.3V
A38 AT2 Analogue Temperature Input 2 1k Pull up to SEN_5V_B
A39 AT4 Analogue Temperature Input 4 1k Pull up to SEN_5V_A
A40 CAN_HI CAN Bus 1 High
A41 BAT_POS Battery Positive
A42 INJ_PH6 Peak Hold Injector 6
A43 INJ_LS1 Low Side Injector 1
A44 AV8 Analogue Voltage Input 8
A45 UDIG4 Universal Digital Input 4
A46 UDIG3 Universal Digital Input 3
A47 ETH_TX- Ethernet Transmit- Ethernet Green
A48 ETH_TX+ Ethernet Transmit+ Ethernet Green/White
A49 UDIG1 Universal Digital Input 1
A50 INJ_PH2 Peak Hold Injector 2
A51 INJ_LS2 Low Side Injector 2
A52 UDIG5 Universal Digital Input 5
A53 UDIG6 Universal Digital Input 6
A54 BAT_BAK Battery Backup
A55 ETH_RX+ Ethernet Receive+ Ethernet Orange/White
A56 UDIG2 Universal Digital Input 2
A57 INJ_PH7 Peak Hold Injector 7
A58 OUT_HB5 Half Bridge Output 5
A59 OUT_HB3 Half Bridge Output 3
A60 KNOCK2 Knock Input 2
A61 ETH_RX- Ethernet Receive- Ethernet Orange
A62 INJ_PH8 Peak Hold Injector 8
A63 INJ_PH3 Peak Hold Injector 3
A64 OUT_HB6 Half Bridge Output 6
A65 OUT_HB4 Half Bridge Output 4